To the 10-20% of excellent teachers that exist, I apologize and thank you for what you are trying to do. The problem is that most of the other 80% thinks they are in the 20% and do not appreciate the damage their shoddy teaching practices are doing to our youth. Recently Kenneth R. Lutchen wrote… Continue reading Are Lazy Teachers Ruining Generations of Potential Talent?
If I were to enter the workforce today, there is no way I would be considered or hired for the jobs in which I started my career. After graduating from college with a liberal arts degree I entered the Army, went to Vietnam and came back to the states and entered the workforce with a… Continue reading How The Misuse of A Key Part of Equal Employment Opportunity Killed The Search For Talent
Overqualified: Having more education, training, or experience than is required for a job or position. Dictionary.com Underqualified: Insufficiently qualified for a particular job. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/underqualified Question: Does the right hire depend more on the person who is hiring than the person being hired? Copyright 9 By 9 Solutions 2016 All Rights Reserved
The Availability of Talent Is Deteriorating • 72 % of 400 CEOs surveyed in 83 countries indicated availability of key skills was a major threat to their business. (USA Today 1/20/16) • 65% of business leaders say people applying for jobs right out of college are only “somewhat” prepared for success. 40% say they are… Continue reading Leadership Nugget #6: Is the Decreasing Quality of Public Education Forcing Organizations To Reconsider How They Develop Talent?